Home Celebrities Man seriously injured in fire in Gatineau flat without working smoke detector

Man seriously injured in fire in Gatineau flat without working smoke detector

Man seriously injured in fire in Gatineau flat without working smoke detector

Article content

A man has been seriously injured and taken to hospital after a fire broke out at an apartment building in Gatineau Friday night, Gatineau firefighters say.

Article content

The smoke detector in the condo was disconnected, said Dany Fortin, a spokesman for the Gatineau Fire Department.

The fire in the tenth-floor flat at 89 rue Vaudreuil in central Hull was quickly extinguished and damage was limited to that unit, the department said in a press release. They responded to a call just after 11pm Friday.

In the release, the department issued a reminder that a working fire alarm can save your life if there is a fire.

The damage was estimated at $100,000.

In Ottawa, firefighters extinguished a blaze early Saturday morning in the back of a home on Bruyere Street between Dalhousie and Cumberland Street.

They received a call shortly after 5 a.m. about the fire in the back of a three-story town house, the Ottawa Fire Department said in a press release. The fire was quickly extinguished and no injuries were reported.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here