Prince Andrew who missed Ascot this week has given the royal family hope that the Duke is finally realizing he must step out of public life.
The 62-year-old Duke of York was due to attend the Berkshire horse race event this week, along with other members of the Firm in a carriage procession.
But according to the Times, a source said he decided to stay away, in a decision made “without fuss” following the controversy sparked by his desire to attend Monday’s Order of the Garter ceremony at Windsor Castle. to live.
Prince Andrew had to miss that event, one of the most colorful events on the royal calendar, after the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge reportedly lobbied the Queen about his participation.
The decision was clearly made at eleven o’clock, as Andrew’s name was on the order.
Prince Andrew’s decision to skip Ascot has reportedly left the royal family relieved, and according to reports, the Duke may be beginning to realize he has to step back from public life.
Other members of the Firm, including Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall (pictured) took part in a carriage ride when they attended Ascot this week
According to Finding Freedom author Omid Scobie, the Duke was “crushed and confused” after being barred from participating.
Omid, known for his biography of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, writes in his column for Yahoo News. a source said Andrew was ‘crushed’… [and] a bit confused’.
Earlier in the week, the Duke of York apparently believed he had been given the blessing to attend the service alongside senior members of the royal family.
Omid said the monarchy’s “reluctance to completely remove Prince Andrew from all aspects of royal life” is “damaging” and “a terrible reflection of the family.”
The Duke of York, 62, was not seen in public at the ceremony at Windsor Castle, one of the most colorful events on the royal calendar, after the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge reportedly lobbied the Queen (on the photo with Prince Charles) about his participation
He added: ‘The reluctance was apparent when Andrew was allowed to nominate the Queen to the world’s media for the televised Prince Philip memorial service, and when he was given the go-ahead to attend some of the Platinum Jubilee events. ‘
Ultimately, the Duke did not join the royal family during the four-day festivities due to a positive COVID-19 test result.
Omid continued: ‘Any chance Prince Andrew gets to try and restore his image is one step closer to further damage and disgrace to the institution of the monarchy. We are waiting for a disaster.’
The Duke of Cambridge got together with Prince Charles to put an end to Andrew’s plan to return to public service, royal expert Katie Nicholl recently claimed – in the latest show of father-son unity in the last months.
Prince William (right), 39, told the Queen and Prince of Wales he would withdraw from the Order of the Garter ceremony if his uncle, the Duke of York, was given a public role
Prince William, 39, told the Queen and Prince of Wales he would withdraw from the Order of the Garter ceremony if his uncle, the Duke of York, was given a public role.
And Katie revealed how Prince Charles was also “particularly resistant” to his brother attending the event in case he “surpassed Camilla’s big moment” that she was “excited to receive.”
In Vanity Fair, she explained how both Prince William and Prince Charles are “adamant.” Andrew will not return to public life and wants to “ride the wave of goodwill” created by the “jubilee success” without the Duke.